Translate

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Curry spiced sweet potato soup!

I think I am starting to fall in love with curry, seriously. I have been putting it in my veggies, in my salads, in my rice and soups, everything, curry all day everyday. I am currently using the sprouts brand organic curry mix, it is so delicious and suits this soup very nicely! Enjoy and please tag me if you use my recipes, I would like to see how they turn out. 

Ingredients: 
1 large sweet potato (around 3 cups) 
1 shallot (diced or sliced) 
1 cup of peeled carrots (diced) 
2 tsp of curry powder (less if you don't like it spicy) 
1/4 a tsp of ginger 
2 cups of veggie broth (low sodium, or made from bouillon) 
1 cup of distilled water 

Directions: 
1. Bring all of the ingredients to a boil, cover and let cook for 30-40 minutes. Take off heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Pour mixture into a high speed blender until well pureed. Enjoy hot! Tastes even better the next day (lunch for 2 days, double mixture for more) 

No comments:

Post a Comment