Translate

Friday, March 6, 2015

Tips to stay on Plan: Starch Solution

1. Vita-cost or other low-cost websites. I buy all of my breakfast goodies on this website. I eat a lot of Bob's red mill breakfast cereals, because they are delicious, gluten free and easy to cook. My favorites are the 8 grain hot cereal, the creamy farina, and the muesli (has honey).  The prices for Bob's red mill products are usually 25% off, plus coupons that they send you! You end up saving a lot of money. I buy 4-5 different kinds at a time. I go through one bag a week, and I switch them up. Last week I ate the 8 grain hot cereal, this week I am going to eat the creamy farina. You can also switch them up every-day to keep it interesting. I serve all of their products with either, raisins (oil free), maple syrup/coconut sugar, cinnamon and vanilla bean powder. Post about cereal coming soon.

2. Keep your pantry stocked with different kinds of rice, including instant rice if you live a busy life. There are also lots of other flavored rices that are fat free that you can have on hand. Currently I have instant brown rice, white basmati rice, brown rice, white rice, sticky rice, black rice, wild rice, Quinoa and a couple quick rice mixes (Cajun, and veggie). Having a variety of rices insures that I do not get tired of what I am eating and that when I am getting home late I have a quick 10 minute meal. (rice and steamed veggies usually). *I also keep rice noodles handy (check ingredients to make sure that they only have rice and water)


3. Keep your fridge stocked full of healthy organic frozen veggies & fruits. I have about 2 bags of mixed veggies (central market brand), 2 bags of a Normandy blend, 2 bags of peas, 2 bags of corn, 2 bags of steamed spinach. 2 bags of berry blend fruit, 2 bags of blueberries, and 2 bags of strawberries. I buy all organic because the quality and taste is great.

4. Make sure you have a lot of fat free salad dressings on hand. If you are going to a restraunt make sure to bring your own dressing or just ask for lemons! I love salads with lemon and little bit of salt and pepper. Vita-cost also has a great sale on maple grove brand dressings with are vegan, gluten free and fat free.

5. Make sure you have canned beans and dry beans in your pantry. I currently have 2 cans of organic low-sodium black beans, pinto beans, garbanzo beans and white beans. I also have dry kidney beans, white beans, black beans, and pinto beans.

6. I live in Texas so I keep my potatoes and sweet potatoes in my fridge and they last all week or two weeks. I always keep russet, gold and sweet potatoes in my fridge.

7. Keep salt-free seasonings in your pantry Ms. Dash is really good as well as HEB or other low cost brands (make sure to get gluten free seasonings if you have an allergy)

8. I drink at least 8 cups of water a day, I have a huge jug that I fill and make sure to drink at least two and I have really seen good results weight wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment