Translate

Sunday, August 31, 2014

1 week of groceries!!

This is my typical week on Raw till 4! You may switch out fruits/vegetables, to ones that you really enjoy! Check calories on My fitness Pal to make sure you eat enough calories! Do not starve yourself when you are hungry eat!! Eat fruits during the day and After 4 you can have nut butters, and veggies if you need a snack. I go out on Sundays and buy all the food I need for the week, this saves time and keeps me on track with the diet!

Fruits:
  • Oranges 30-40 (For me these are the cheapest option for a mono meal*, 9 oranges usually costs around $3, so one meal for $3 can't be beat)
  • Bananas 28 (I consume around 4 bananas a day, If you want to make a couple banana mono-meals* I would suggest buying around 40)
  • Apples 20 ( If you want to eat a mono-meal of apples then buy more, you need to eat around 9 apples in one sitting to consume the amount of calories you need)
  • Dates 2-3lbs (I use 17 dates in one smoothie, so I usually grab around 3 lbs a week) 
  • Your choice, find a fruit that is on sale and buy at least 2 lbs of it!! This will be for snacking or for use in a mono-meal. Remember to check calories, for example if you want peaches you will need 10 per meal! Buy more fruits if you want, be concious of how much you are spending. I would suggest using this meal plan and if you are running low on fruit, go and buy some mid-week, keep track of everything you buy so that you can add to your Sunday grocery list for the next week. 
  • Frozen organic fruit: Great additions to smoothies, to change the date smoothies up a bit. I buy 2-3 bags will last a couple weeks. I usually buy mixed berries, strawberries and blueberries
Vegetables: 
  • Corn 25 (For one mono-meal of corn for dinner you need to eat 9, I usually pair corn with baked sweet potato) 
  • Russet Potatoes 1-2 bags (you will be making baked potatoes, baked potato wedges, and fries, such a cheap and delicious dinner) 
  • Peas 2 bags frozen or 1 lb fresh, add protein to your diet, can be eaten during dinner. I steam my peas, and add 1 tsp of coconut oil 
Other: 
  • White rice, or brown rice 1 bag
  • Bag of beans (optional, but having some in the pantry is never a bad thing 
  • Quinoa (optional for a side to meals)
  • 2 cans Organic diced tomatoes (in a BPA free can)  
  • Salt free seasonings (Ms. Dash salt free seasonings)
  • My pantry staples all organic!: garlic powder, ground cumin, ground cinnamon, black pepper, chili powder, curry powder  
  • Vegan Bouillon Cubes (You will need this for soups or to make rice! buy low sodium gluten free ones, whatever is available at your store) 
*Mono meals are when you eat just one fruit or vegetable for a meal. You will get all of your calories from this one type of food, so enter it into My fitness Pal to see how many you need to eat to get around 600-700 calories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment