Translate

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Delicious Bean dip! Kid friendly

As I was thinking of recipes I could do with a food processor & a microwave for my 1st grade class, I stumbled on the idea of a homemade quick bean dip. The result was delicious, and my students literally licked their plates clean. After they were done, they did not ask for more fritos, they asked for more bean dip on lettuce with tomatoes! This made me so happy, I almost cried! First off during lunch, most of the kids I teach, throw away their Charro/Borracho beans, this dip has all the same ingredients, pulsed to a delicious creamy dip.

Ingredients: 
1 can of pinto or black beans (low sodium/organic)
2 soft roma tomatoes 
1/4 a cup of vegetable broth ( I use 1/2 a bouillon cube in water) 
1/4 a cup of cilantro 
1/8 a cup of diced onion 
1 tablespoon of chili powder
2 tsp of garlic powder 

Directions: 
1. Cut veggies in chunks and drain and rinse beans 
2. Pulse all ingredients in food processor, till smooth! 
3. You can add more vegetable broth to make a creamy or thin bean dip, that is more like nacho cheese, (my kids loved this consistency) 

Serve over tortilla chips, no oil fries, or fritos if your feeling frisky (the low sodium kind of course) 

This kind was made with borracho beans with my kinder cooking class! 

No comments:

Post a Comment