Translate

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Day 19: Date sweetener for oatmeal

Anything sweetened by fruit is my #1 choice. I experimented with dates and oatmeal and oh my was it delicious. I used Halaway dates cause they are soft and have a buttery, caramel taste. 

Ingredients: 
10-15 dates soaked over night 
2 tsp of cinnamon 
2/3 a cup of rolled oats 
1 1/3 cups of water 
Directions: 
Use the water you soaked dates in as some of the water for your oatmeal. I measured so I would have exactly 1 1/3 cup of date water for my oats. Cook oatmeal like normal in water. Web the oats are almost done you will add in the dates. 

Process dates in food processor until super smooth!! You can also mash them if you don't have a food processor. 

Add cinnamon and dates in oatmeal and enjoy!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment