Translate

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Oat and banana Cookies! No oil

Hey guys,
I was browsing around for recipes for bananas cause I have a lot of extra ripe ones when I ran into the perfect cookie recipe! Seriously all you need is two ingredients for a delicious cookie! Best of all you can alter this recipe to suit your own taste buds! I used cranberries and dairy free chocolate for my mix-ins but the possibilities are endless!! The following is the exact recipe for how I made these cookies! I used frozen bananas and normal gluten free oats so I had to alter it a little for the recipe. These aren't the prettiest cookies but boy do they hit the spot. Plus you can make a small meal out of these since you are basically eating 1 cup of oats and 2 bananas!
Original Recipe Modified so no oil is involved
Ingredients:
1 cup of rolled oats
2 very ripe bananas, frozen or regular (defrosted, let them sit out at least 15 minutes next to pre-heating oven until its soft) 
1 tsp of cinnamon
2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
2 tablespoons of cranberries

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 375
2. Add 1 cup of oats into a food processor and pulse 3 times (make sure not to make oat flour, you just want the oats a little crushed so they mix with bananas) *skip step if using quick oats 
3. In a large bowl mix banana and oats until well combined
4. Next add mix ins, I have also added freeze dried fruit with good results. 
5. Spoon mixture onto cookie sheet with either silicone, or parchment paper so that it is non-stick. (Note this recipe uses oil, instead of greasing the cookie sheet with oil I use parchment paper)
6. Cook for 14 minutes and let cool for 5 minutes!

Enjoy your healthy treat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment