Translate

Monday, December 22, 2014

Raw till 4 to Starch Solution.

Trying out Starch solution, mainly due to the cold, eating fruit is just not worth the chills in the morning. I am still following an 80/10/10 lifestyle just with cooked starches as my main carbohydrate source. So far I feel freaking awesome! The benefits will be discussed after being on starch solution for a month! (as well as total weight-loss, and other changes). This is my second week, so two more before I do a progress post. Eating on starch solution is pretty easy, and cheap. I can now buy all organic foods, and still stay within my budget. I decide what starch I am going to use for the main part of my meal then I add in other fruits/veggies to eat with the main course. I only have coconut oil in my house, all other fat sources are gone. Let's see how I do!

Grocery list for One week on Starch solution. This is basic, I vary up the recipes but I am keeping it simple to avoid eating oils. 

Essentials: (This amount of food has kept me from straying away from the diet much which is awesome!) 
1 bag of organic white rice 
1 bag of organic brown rice 
2 bags of Central Market organic corn pasta (spaghetti or linguine) 
2 cans of Organic (low fat) pasta sauce. (I also make my own, but I keep some handy in case of busy days) 
1 bag of Organic Russet potatoes
1 bag of Organic Yellow potatoes
2 lbs of Sweet potatoes
1 bag of fancy potatoes (fingerling, or baby) 
2 Garlic bulbs
3 onions (sweet onion, red onion, shallots) 

Mixed Veggies:ALL VEGGIES ORGANIC Seasonal, depends on whats in season in the area you live in. 
1-2 types of squash (zucchini, butternut) 
1 bag of Rainbow carrots
1 bag of baby carrots 
1 Broccoli head 
1 cauliflower head
1 pack of cherry tomatoes
1 pack of celery
1 bunch of cilantro
1 bunch of parsley (optional) 
1 large container of Spinach
2 mixed salad containers (washed for convenience) 

Fruits: 
Deglet Dates (1 lb, lasts a couple weeks as a snack) 
2 lbs of apples 
Bananas (as much as you care to have) 
30 oranges (for juice!! this week)
1 lb of lemons

Condiments: 
Starch solution allows any oil free/fat free condiments. 




No comments:

Post a Comment