Translate

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Veggie "Fried" Brown Rice

I made a Veggie bowl and had about a cup left of brown rice. I decided to experiment and try something new with my veggies and rice and boy am I happy that I did!! You will need 1 cup of cooled brown rice for this recipe! I used short grain and I think that added to how awesome this rice was.

Ingredients:
1 cup of cooled Brown rice (More more more than one serving)
1.4 a cup of diced zucchini
1/4 a cup of sliced yellow onion
1/4 a cup of diced broccoli
1/4 a cup of matchstick carrots
3-4 chopped Bok Choy leaves ( I used baby bok choy, can be subbed for Kale or Spinach)
2 minced garlic cloves (again I love garlic so if your not a big fan just use one)
1 tablespoon of ginger
1 tsp of garlic powder
2 tsp of black powder
2 tsp of onion powder (optional, not too much of a taste difference)
2-3 tablespoons of Bragg's liquid aminos or other low sodium soy sauce
1/4 a cup of your choice of sweet and sour sauce either my homemade recipe or a store bought no fat one.

Directions:
1. Heat a non stick pan to medium heat, add in veggies and 2 tablespoons of water. (keep adding water until veggies are well cooked)
2. Once the broccoli is soft (not mushy) add in brown rice, seasonings and 1 tablespoon of water. Next add the soy sauce and stir around until warm. (I took the pan off the heat and mixed in sweet and sour sauce, I personally like all my food mixed)
3. Serve with sweet and sour sauce, or if already mixed in serve with siracha. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment