Translate

Monday, December 29, 2014

Starch Solution Explained (for us folks who like it easy)

To start the Starch Solution lifestyle, I think that a simple approach is necessary. If you have not read the book Starch Solution by Dr. Mc Dougall I suggest you do so immediately!! I got mine on my kindle from AMAZON. The following are some guidelines to follow when you are first starting this diet.


  • Eliminate all Oils (even so called "healthy oils" like olive oil & coconut oil) I struggle with eliminating all oils, this may be why I failed on Raw till 4 and why I gained 15 lbs. When I started adding flax seeds, and other fatty seeds and nuts to my diet as well as cooking with coconut oil, I started to gain weight. My doctor told me that eliminating fats from my diet would lead to a host of problems, so I followed his instructions and kept "healthy oils & fats" in my diet. When fruit didn't satisfy me and I was still hungry I reached for the nuts, and even grabbed bags of potato chips to meet my needs. That has already changed since starting this diet, the cooked starches have been keeping me full and I only snack once or twice a day. (healthy snacks like veggies & fruit)
  • Eliminate all animal products Make sure to check labels!! Dairy is very high in fat, if you keep this in your diet, you may not see any results. (dairy has also been linked to acne) Including in your beauty routine! Trust me 
  • Eat a starch with every meal as your main calorie source Simply put starch is your friend. You should center your meals around starches!! Adding veggies and fruit but make sure to always get a starch in! (This is what keeps you full and satisfied so you do not crave junk throughout the day) 
  • Cut out Processed foods (any foods with high fat content) Eating packaged hash browns, or potatoes with oil as your main starch is a recipe for disaster! Remember you are trying to avoid all added fats and oils, including in your starches! Try to avoid eating fake meats and cheeses, cause these all have fat and are not good for you. If you are craving something that reminds you of meat, find a recipe on the tons of resources on the web!! Awesome Veggie Loaf Recipe!! on The simple Veganista
  • Snack on Fruits & Veggies If you are hungry in between meals fill up on foods that will give you extra vitamins and nutrients! 
  • Be prepared! Have small packages of instant rice, or other quick meals so that you never stray from your diet! There are McDougall soup cups as well as bean and rice cups! 

No comments:

Post a Comment