Translate

Friday, September 12, 2014

My raw till 4 Week Meal plan $50 grocery list

The first day I went to work, I ate just fruits. I was hungry a couple hours later, and the stares were a little weird. I decided hey why just bring fruit, I can bring other things and have variety and a delicious filling lunch. The next day, I brought a salad, a date drink, and fruit. First off it took me a whole 25 minutes to finish my lunch! (very filling!) and on top of it all It was delicious the combination of everything was quite nice. I spent a total of $50 on groceries this week (I had bananas already) Here is what I ate daily! I was full, felt great and had energy to work 13 hours (teaching, working with parents) If you are looking for lunch ideas, here are some!!! Switch it up with your own fruits, and salad combinations!!

Breakfast: 
Date smoothie: 900 calories 
1/4 a cup of unsalted dry roasted peanuts 
19 dates 
2-3 frozen bananas
1 cup of apple juice
coconut water to fill blender 

Lunch: 
Date drink:450 calories 
15-16 dates
1 cup of apple juice, 
1 apple 
1/2 a cup of coconut milk 
1 tsp of almond/vanilla extract 
Salad: 
Romaine & red lettuce 4 cups 
Cherry tomatoes 16 
baby carrots 5 
Cucumber 1/2 
Asian salad dressing (choose a low oil, low sodium option) 
Fruit: 
1 cantaloupe, 1 pineapple, or 5 oranges, 10 mandarins, 3 apples 

Dinner: 
Fries, Roasted potatoes, or pasta 


Grocery List for the week: 
1 head of romaine, & red lettuce (o)
 1 lb bag of baby carrots (o)
1 container of cherry tomatoes (o)
4 Cantaloupe's 
2 pineapples 
1 bag of mandarin oranges
2 cucumbers (o)
16 bananas (o)
1 bag of organic potatoes (o)
5 ears of corn
1 box of gluten free corn pasta  (o)
1 jar of organic spaghetti sauce (o)
1/2 lb of dry roasted organic unsalted peanuts (o)
3 lbs of deglet dates 
Annies sesame ginger salad dressing 
1 container of Simply Apple Juice 
Silk Organic Coconut milk (o)

** (o) are the foods I purchased organic. I have researched and found the foods that you should  buy organic and ones that have low pesticide residue. 


No comments:

Post a Comment